Trainee Customer Support Officer – Information Technology
We are currently recruiting for an Information Technology Trainee to be based within a local Council.
About the position
Novaskill, in conjunction with a local Council, have a Traineeship position available in the Kyogle area for a candidate interested in starting a career in IT Support. If this role interests you and you would like to be part of a small but exciting team, then get the ball rolling and apply now!
On a day to day basis you will provide IT support by;
- Responding to IT request with priority ordering of tasks
- Troubleshooting and communicating issues, time-frames and resolutions with relevant staff
- Record keeping all requests of IT Support
- Maintain technology hardware – assisting in sourcing hardware and software needs for the organisation
- Ensuring security protection and data backups are completed as required.
- Provide assistance in new installations
- Provide system support to remote sites including; Depot, Waste Management Facility, Visitor information Centre and community facilities
- Respond to correspondence in accordance with Council’s customer service and communication guidelines.
- Prepare material for use by the public that clearly and succinctly explains councils policies and procedures
- Prepare clear and concise reports to Council and relevant governing bodies on issues as they relate to this position.
- Contribute to the development of Council policies that reflect the culture, values and objectives of the organisation.
Who we’re looking for somebody who;
- Demonstrates accountability
- Has Higher school certificate or equivalent
- Has a Class C drivers licence
- Demonstrates effective communication skills both oral and written
- Is community and customer focused
- Delivers results
- Contributes quality information
Since 1980, Novaskill has been providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management and are a proudly non-for-profit Group Training Organisation. Our apprentices and trainees, host employers, internal employees, students and stakeholders can be assured of our dedication to supporting our communities and enriching people’s lives through the provision of quality training and employment services.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years, and welcome the interest to join us!
As a group training employee, you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. For more information about Group Training, please visit https://novaskill.com.au/apprenticeshipstraineeships/
This position needs to be filled as soon as possible. If you believe you have the necessary skills and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, please apply now with your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
For more information about this position, please contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email us on Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
To be considered for this position, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.