Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship
If you are looking to kick start a Painting & Decorating Apprenticeship and want to work with a great company, look no further!
Novaskill in conjunction with a local Newcastle business are currently seeking applications for a full time Painting Apprentice to join their team. The successful applicant will complete a Certificate III in Painting and Decorating over a 4-year term, whilst receiving formal and on the job training. You will be allocated a dedicated Field Officer who will support you through your Apprenticeship and at the successful completion of the role, you will be awarded with a nationally recognised qualification. This exciting opportunity is suited to a hard-working individual who is eager to pursue a career in the Painting and Decorating industry.
On a day-to-day basis, your duties might include (but are not limited to);
- Prepare surfaces by filing, chiselling or sanding
- Mix and match paint
- Set up spray equipment
- Mask areas that are not going to be painted
- Apply coats of primer and main paint, followed by the finish
- Check finished jobs as part of quality control
- Touch-up paintwork and apply polish
Who we’re looking for (selection criteria)
We’re looking for motivated and enthusiastic applicants with a passion for the Painting and Decorating industry. It’s important you’re willing to learn and develop your skills over this apprenticeship/traineeship and have a good attitude and strong work ethic. You will be willing to work both independently and as part of a team, under close supervision of a fully qualified tradesperson within the Company.
In addition, you will;
- Have good communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Have great attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to meet strict deadlines and cooperate with others
- Be punctual, reliable and presentable
- Have the ability to operate, maintain and work safely with hand tools and small equipment
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of relevant workplace health and safety requirements
- Have completed year 10 at a minimum
- Have a current drivers licence and reliable transport
- Successfully pass pre-employment background checks
- Willing to undergo pre-employment medical
- Hold a current White Card (CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry) or be willing to obtain one prior to commencement
Since 1980, Novaskill has been providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management and are proudly non-for-profit Group Training Organisation. Our apprentices and trainees, host employers, internal employees, students and stakeholders can be assured of our dedication to supporting our communities and enriching people’s lives through the provision of quality training and employment services.
As a group training employee, you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. For more information about Group Training, please visit https://novaskill.com.au/apprenticeshipstraineeships/
How to apply
This position needs to be filled as soon as possible and our Host Employer is offering an immediate start! Please apply now with your resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria.
For more information about this position, please email our Group Training team on email@example.com and clearly identify the position and location.
Please note: If you don’t meet the above selection criteria or you do not supply a cover letter, you will not be considered for this position. This is an entry level position and standard apprentice/trainee wages apply. Novaskill is a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. Unfortunately we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.