Become a sheet metal apprentice today!
About the position
Novaskill currently have a fantastic opportunity for an individual to commence a Sheet Metal Apprenticeship. Our valued host employer manufactures all aspects of the mechanical services industry to support our always thriving mechanical services installation section of the business. They also manufacture benches/components from stainless steel for the custom commercial kitchens they install in the Coffs Harbour area.
Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be undertaking a Certificate III in Engineering (Light Fabrication) with on-the-job training provided all whilst earning a competitive wage. This is a great earn while you learn opportunity!
During this apprenticeship you will learn the following tasks:
- Fabrication of mild steel, aluminium and stainless steel.
- Cut, roll, shape, bend, mould, spin, heat or hammer metal products to fabricate parts or sub-assemblies
- Grinding and polishing
- Assemble parts and structures by lining up and joining them by welding, bolting or riveting.
- Understand and work from drawings.
Some of the duties you may be asked to perform as a sheet metal apprentice can include:
- Perform works as directed by supervisor tradesperson
- Aid in sheet metal fabrication as directed by supervisor
- Report any incidents/concerns to supervisor
- Be responsible for correct and complete paperwork as required
- Ensure vehicle is left clean and in good order on a daily basis
- Ensure correct OH&S requirements adhered to at all times
- Ensure all electrical equipment tagged and tested
- Workshop duties: Ensure clean and tidy store at all times:
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a manual drivers’ licence
- Graduated Year 12
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to travel away on occasion
- Exercises good listening and communicational skills
- Perform work under supervision of Tradesperson
- Operates equipment incidental to your work as directed by supervisor
- Work in a team environment
- Be available for overtime as is required from time to time
Please submit your application with a Resume and Cover Letter to be considered.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
For more information:
Contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
Friday, 22nd September 2021.
To be considered for these positions, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.