Keep fit whilst you’re working and learn a highly specialised trade!
About the position
Are you in search for a career that will keep you fit whilst you earn money?
We are seeking hard working candidates with a can do attitude for a Roof Plumbing Apprenticeship based in Newcastle, NSW.
With a team of highly skilled tradesmen, you will be surrounded by quality workmanship and receive mentoring and support throughout your 4-year apprenticeship whilst studying a Certificate III in Roof Plumbing.
Learn the tricks of a highly specialised trade today!
The duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with installing, maintaining and fixing pipes
- Learning how to install fitting for gutters, rain water pipes and down pipes
- Repairing or replacing pipes and parts
- Locating and identifying leaks
- Willingness to undertake a nationally recognised Certificate III in Roof Plumbing
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Driver’s licence and reliable transport essential
- Comfortable with working at heights (successful candidate will have the opportunity to complete a Working At Heights course)
- Previous experience in not essential but would be beneficial
- Ability to listen to and follow instructions given by supervisor
- Enjoy manual work
- Ability to complete a pre-employment medical assessment
Please submit your application with a Resume and Cover Letter to be considered.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.
For more information:
Contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
Friday, 5th November 2021.
To be considered for these positions, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.