Ready to complete your Fitter and Turner Apprenticeship? Apply today!
About the position
Novaskill are currently looking for a out of trade fitter and turner apprentice to work with one of our host employers in the Grafton area. This is a great opportunity to complete your apprenticeship – Certificate III Engineering- Mechanical Trade with a well known and established company. We are open to any level of this apprenticeship to apply.
Duties will include:
- The delivery of reliable and routine maintenance activities;
- Carrying out repairs and maintenance of plant and equipment to ensure production schedules and goals are achieved;
- Responding to break down situations to repair to all plant equipment as requested by the relevant Manager/Supervisor
- Maintaining all registers, logs and systems to track repairs, notifications and work activities;
- Liaise with supervisors and machine operators about performance of equipment;
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an out of trade fitter and turner apprentice or current apprentice looking to change employers
- Driver’s license and reliable transport essential
- Can easily understand and comply with instructions/directions given
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- High level of organisational skills
- Ability to complete a pre-employment medical assessment
- Committed to completing an apprenticeship
Please submit your application with a Resume and Cover Letter to be considered.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.
For more information:
Contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
Tuesday, 22nd of June 2021
To be considered for these positions, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.