Attention all 2nd to 4th year Apprentice Plumbers – wanting to complete your trade?
About the position
Are you an out of trade Apprentice Plumber?
Novaskill Group Training in partnership with our host employers in Newcastle, are now seeking expressions of interest for Out of Trade Apprentice Plumbers looking to finish their trade!
We are searching for candidates with a strong work ethic who has completed their first or second year of a Plumbing Apprenticeship in conjunction with studying a Certificate III in Plumbing. We are here to help you complete your apprenticeship.
The duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Renovation of plumbing installations
- Carry out construction, maintenance and repair to existing plumbing
- Use hand tools e.g. power saws, angle grinders, laser levelling devices etc.
- Handle and store plumbing supplies/materials
- Follow all instructions by supervisors and qualified tradesmen
- Read and interpret various types of construction/installation diagrams
- Attend TAFE and maintain a high standard of work
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated interest and passion for the trade
- Already started a plumbing apprenticeship
- Reliability in terms of regular attendance, adopting safe working measures and involvement in improvement activities
- Strong communication skills
- White card
- Car licence and reliable transport
Please submit your application with a Resume and Cover Letter to be considered.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.
For more information:
Contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
Friday, 22nd of October 2021.
To be considered for these positions, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.