Attention all 2nd and 3rd year Apprentice Electricians – wanting to complete your trade?
About the position
Are you an out or trade Apprentice Electrician?
Novaskill Group Training in partnership with our host employers in Newcastle, are always seeking expressions of interest for Out of Trade Apprentice Electricians looking to finish their trade!
We are searching for candidates with a strong work ethic who has completed their first or second year of an Electrician Apprenticeship in conjunction with the Certificate III in Electrotechnology.
The duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Learn about our host employers operations with particular emphasis on electrical maintenance as well as on going new government electrical contracts
- Complete all on and off the job training requirements
- Follow all instructions by supervisors and qualified tradesmen
- Identify and repair faults
- Attend TAFE and maintain a high standard of work
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for these positions, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated interest and passion for the trade
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Reliability in terms of regular attendance, adopting safe working measures and involvement in improvement activities
- Can work within a team environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- White card
- Car licence and reliable transport
Please submit your application with a Resume and Cover Letter to be considered.
Indigenous Australians encouraged to apply.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.
For more information:
Contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
To be considered for these positions, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.