Complete your Cabinet Making Apprenticeship today!
About the position
Are you an out of trade Apprentice Cabinet Maker?
In partnership with our host employer, we are seeking motivated and dedicated candidates to join their team as a 2nd or 3rd year Apprentice Cabinet Maker.
We are looking for individuals that have initiative, enthusiasm and keen eye for detail. Don’t loose hope in your dream career – complete your trade today!
The duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Building fine (high-end/custom) timber bathroom and kitchen furniture from start to finish
- Working with large commercial joinery equipment
- Constructing the furniture from CAD drawings
- Building a wide variety of bathroom furniture- shaving cabinets, vanities, mirrors and furniture items
- Ensuring that quality standards are maintained
- Working with our friendly team to ensure continuous improvement and to achieve group goals
- Work efficiently
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for these positions, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Driver’s license and reliable transport essential
- HSC preferable but not essential
- Hold a current WHS Construction White Card
- Ability to travel to different locations
- Experience with hand tools
- Ability to listen and follow instructions and ask for assistance when needed
Please submit your application with a Resume and Cover Letter to be considered.
Indigenous Australians encouraged to apply.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.
For more information:
Contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
Thursday, 4th of February 2021.
To be considered for these positions, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.