An exciting opportunity to work hands on and challenge yourself and study a Nationally Recognised Qualification at the same time!
About the position
Do you have a passion for the outdoors? We have an exciting entry level opportunity for two motivated, reliable, and energetic Landscaping Trainee’s to join our team. This diverse role is ideal for someone who is wanting to combine their desire to learn with on the job training, all whilst working outside. As part of this role your daily duties will cover a broad range of areas including but not limited to:
- Contributing to Work, Health and Safety hazard identification and risk assessments
- Contributing to the planting and transplanting of flowers, shrubs, trees, and lawns
- Using a variety of techniques to construct gardens such as importing soil, mulching, fertilising, trimming, and watering gardens
- Installing, cleaning, operating, and maintaining gardens, irrigation, and drainage systems
- Loading and unloading gardening supplies and equipment
- Using, maintaining, and servicing equipment such as lawn mowers and gardening tools
To be considered for this role candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Genuine interest in working outdoors
- Be committed to completing a Certificate II in landscaping over a 12-month period
- Have a drivers license and reliable transport
- Be willing to travel across Central Coast and Sydney
Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply
Please note for applications to be considered, please ensure you include a resume and cover letter
Since 1980, Novaskill has been providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management and are a proudly non-for-profit Group Training Organisation. Our apprentices and trainees, host employers, internal employees, students and stakeholders can be assured of our dedication to supporting our communities and enriching people’s lives through the provision of quality training and employment services.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years, and welcome the interest to join us!
As a group training employee, you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. For more information about Group Training, please visit https://novaskill.com.au/apprenticeshipstraineeships/
This position needs to be filled as soon as possible. If you believe you have the necessary skills and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, please apply now with your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
For more information about this position, please contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email us on Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
To be considered for this position, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.