Build your career in the joinery industry! Start Today!
About the position
Novaskill Group Training are seeking an enthusiastic individual to work with our host employer in Salamander as an Apprentice Process Spray painter. This family owned business that has been providing quality bathroom solutions for over 40 years.
Working with our host company, we are looking for an experienced individual with strong work ethic who is residing in the Salamander area wanting to complete an apprenticeship and have career progression with this employer of choice.
As an Apprentice your main duties can include:
- Follow and apply all safe working procedures and practices at all times (including the completion of all required safety documentation)
- Report all matters and issues to Management in a timely matter
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Complete all competencies at TAFE
- Participate in surface coatings and finishing work
- Ensure all work performed is to specification, to the agreed work schedule and to a high quality standard
- Actively listen and effectively communicate with the Operations Team to ensure all tasks are completed smoothly
- Maintain housekeeping to a high standard
- Ensure all tools and machinery are kept maintained and secure
- Comply with all timekeeping requirements including timesheets
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to follow instructions
- Follow all WHS policies and procedures
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills
- Sound verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to attending and completing all requirements of TAFE
- Drivers licence and reliable transport
- No skills required, all training provided onsite.
- Year 10 Complete preferred
- Working with state of the art spray booths and spray machines
- Have an eye for detail
Please submit your application with a Resume and Cover Letter to be considered.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.
For more information:
Contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
Tuesday 29th of June, 2021
To be considered for these positions, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.