Are you a hospitality gooroo wanting to gain a qualification? This is the job for you!
About the position
Novaskill, a leading Group Training Organisation, are currently seeking applications from motivated candidates that are interested in a career in the hospitality sector. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a 12-month traineeship which involves studying a Certificate III in Hospitality with on-the-job training provided. This role is an entry level position with the opportunity for advancement after the completion of your traineeship. This is a full-time position located in the Maitland area of New South Wales.
The duties of this Hospitality Traineeship can include:
- Preparing, serving and selling alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as well as coffees, lattes and other drinks.
- Cleaning and maintaining bar areas.
- Washing, cleaning and arranging glasses, plates and bottles.
- Advising and serving customers food.
- Collecting payment from customers.
- Cooking, preparing and serving hot meals in kitchens.
- Monitoring quality control.
- Explaining and enforcing hygiene rules.
- Planning and assisting with the ordering of supplies and menu items.
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a current driver’s licence and own reliable transport
- Be flexible and adaptable in working hours
- Be committed
- Thrive in a team environment
- Work well under pressure
- Show exceptional interpersonal skills
- Have good time management skills and organisation skills
- Possess a genuine interest in the hospitality and services industry
- RSA and RCG certificate are preferred but not essential
Please submit your application with a Resume and Cover Letter to be considered.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.
For more information:
Contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
Friday, 22nd of October 2021.
To be considered for these positions, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.