Horticulture Traineeship- Ballina Shire Council
Your opportunity to gain a Certificate II in Horticulture whilst working in the Shire’s parks, gardens and recreational areas.
About the position
Novaskill has a traineeship position available in the Ballina area for a suitable person interested in starting a career in horticulture. This is an opportunity to learn all aspects of planting and maintaining vegetation, gardens and recreational areas throughout the Ballina Shire, as well as the operation and maintenance of equipment and tools.
If you enjoy working in the great outdoors and would like to kick-start your career, get the ball rolling and apply now!
- Working outdoors in a wide variety of locations and environments
- Working in an all-inclusive culture where all people are valued and differences respected
- Carrying out maintenance of the Shire’s parks, gardens and outdoor spaces
- Undertaking routine chemical spraying to maintain parks and gardens
- Repair, maintenance and cleaning of horticultural equipment and tools
- Planting and maintaining appropriate vegetation
- Gain a nationally recgonised qualification in Horticulture
- Enjoys working in physically demanding environments
- School Certificate as a minimum
- Class C manual drivers licence
- Has a construction industry White Card (or ability to obtain one)
- Is community and customer focused
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Presents a positve image of Council to the public
Since 1980, Novaskill has been providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management and are a proudly non-for-profit Group Training Organisation. Our apprentices and trainees, host employers, internal employees, students and stakeholders can be assured of our dedication to supporting our communities and enriching people’s lives through the provision of quality training and employment services.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years, and welcome the interest to join us!
As a group training employee, you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. For more information about Group Training, please visit https://novaskill.com.au/apprenticeshipstraineeships/
This position needs to be filled as soon as possible. If you believe you have the necessary skills and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, please apply now with your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
For more information about this position, please email our Group Training team on firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly identify the position and location.
Please note: If you don’t meet the above selection criteria or you do not supply a cover letter, you will not be considered for this position. This is an entry level position and standard apprentice/trainee wages apply. Novaskill is a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply.
Unfortunately, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.