Become a Fire Protection Apprentice today!
About the position
Novaskill have a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Sprinkler Fitter with an industry leading host employer in the Newcastle area. On offer to the successful applicant is a four-year apprenticeship, where you will complete a Certificate III in Fire Protection, leading to the attainment of the skills necessary for designing, installing, testing, and maintaining all facets of wet fire protection systems and equipment. The apprenticeship will comprise of theoretical modules, with practical experience provided on site with the support of a team of qualified sprinkler fitters.
Our valued host employer is a leading Fire and Security Company with a strong existing Commercial, Industrial and Government client base with opportunities to develop your career. An on-call roster is part of the role which is shared evenly among the team.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Survey customer premises and recommend fire protection and safety systems and equipment
- Identify, service, and repair fire protection and safety systems and equipment
- Complete and provide evidence of maintenance performed on equipment in an accurate and legible manner, using systems including i-Service hand held technology
- Participate in stock takes and be responsible for inventory management
- Complete reports
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have knowledge about the fire protection industry
- Be willing to be taught industry knowledge, and an understanding of where to locate the relevant information
- Be willing to embrace applicable Australian Standards relevant to Fixed Systems fire protection equipment
- Be punctual and have a sound knowledge of safety and the WHS legislation
- Have the aptitude to complete a sprinkler fitting competency with the ability to complete identified company, industry and occupational training and accreditation
- The ability to work on-call when and if required
- The ability to complete a pre-employment medical assessment
- Finished Year 10 (as a minimum)
Please submit your application with a Resume and Cover Letter to be considered.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.
For more information:
Contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
Friday, 22nd of October 2021.
To be considered for these positions, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.