LGGT, in partnership with Ballina Shire Council have fantastic opportunity for apprenticeship in Electrical Apprenticeship located in Ballina. Successful applicants will be required to study and work towards completing a UEE30811 Certificate III in Electrotechnology during the term of the Apprenticeship.
On a day-to-day basis, your duties might include (but are not limited to):
- Assist in providing courteous customer service when dealing with general enquires and complaints from both internal and external customers.
- Present a positive image of Council to the public that demonstrates Council’s commitment to service delivery.
- Assist with the maintenance, repair and construction of Council’s electrical assets, including regular inspections and reporting.
- Assist in undertaking maintenance and installation of water and sewerage assets.
- Assist in interpreting electrical schematic drawings.
- Assist in maintaining adequate stocks of key electrical spare parts and replacement equipment.
- Carry out other duties as directed.
Plant and Machinery Operation
- Operate items of plant and equipment in a safe manner.
- Participate in the plant and equipment competency assessment process.
- Hold appropriate licences and tickets prior to operation.
- Accurately complete standard forms and paper work, such as timesheets, work orders, RMS records and WHS related documents.
- Participate as a positive team member and contribute to the achievement of team goals and objectives.
Work Health and Safety
- Assist in ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with Council’s safe work procedures and work health and safety policies. This would include assisting with the following at all worksites:
- Ensuring hazard identification, risk assessments and safe work method statements are or have been conducted for all tasks.
- Ensuring that all appropriate personal protective equipment is used at all times.
- Ensuring that incident reports are completed for any incident/accident involving personnel or plant.
- Ensuring that site-specific inductions are conducted including Council employees, contractors and visitors.
- Complete pre-start safety checks on plant items and ensure safe operation of plant in accordance with Council policies and procedures.
- Abide by Council policy to maintain a smoke free workplace by not smoking in Council offices, plant and on worksites.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Council’s Environmental Management Plan, Quality Plans and safety management documents.
Who we’re looking for (selection criteria)
Would an Apprenticehip suit you? Do you:
- Enjoy working with your hands
- Like working as part of team, however, also comfortable in working alone when you feel confident in your skills
- Appreciate working outdoors
- Have an appropriate level of physical ability
- Have an interest in electrotechnology
- Identify safety hazards and concerns
About Local Government Group Training (LGGT)
Local Government Group Training’s story is one of development, re-imagining and new beginnings. Drawing from close to 40 years of experience in group training and workforce development services through its parent company Novaskill, LGGT is a not-for-profit organisation that delivers apprentice and trainee programs specifically designed for local government. It has been our passion since inception to work with the local government sector to provide rewarding and successful outcomes for Australians entering an apprenticeship or traineeship as a first step in a career in their chosen field.
To that end we are holistic in our approach and the care taken to produce meaningful outcomes. From training progression, to mentoring and pastoral care support, to ensuring on the job tasks create experiences and competencies, LGGT is dedicated to building a quality workforce for the future of local government.
Honesty, integrity, professionalism and respect are the core values and foundational pillars that drive our business, and allow us to continue delivering outstanding workforce solutions that transform the lives of our clients, partners, students and employers.
We’re passionate about empowering our staff to strive for excellence, push their limits and achieve incredible success in their roles and their lives.
We’re always on the lookout for passionate people to join us on our journey, so if your dedicated, hardworking and up for a challenge, please apply now.
How to apply
How to apply
To apply for this exciting position, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria to. For more information, please email our recruitment team on the same email address and clearly identify the position and location.
This is an entry level position and standard trainee wages apply.
Novaskill is a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply.
Unfortunately we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates
For more information about this position, please email our Group Training team on firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly identify the position and location.
Ballina Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with diverse backgrounds, people living with disabilities, and indigenous Australians.