Wanting to contribute to the infrastructure in your local area? Get your foot in the door of Civil Construction with this unmissable opportunity!
In a strategic partnership with Ballina Shire Council, we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual that’s ready to learn on the job!
About the position
Novaskill has a fulltime traineeship position available for a suitable person interested in beginning a career in Civil Construction.
This is an unmissable opportunity to learn all aspects of plant and machinery operation, road construction and maintenance and many other elements of the Civil Construction industry through the Ballina Shire Council.
If you love working outdoors and want to contribute to the infrastructure in your local shire, get the ball rolling and apply now!
- Working outdoors in a wide variety of locations and environments
- Work collaboratively with the team to ensure all WHS practices are adhered to
- Contribute to the overall development and production of infrastructure in your local area
- Assist in the general maintenance and construction of roads, footpaths, cycleways, kerb and guttering, drainage and bridge structures.
- Working in an all-inclusive culture where all people are valued and differences respected.
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification in Civil Construction.
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for these positions, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrates effective communication skills both oral and written
- Proven ability to work as part of a small team
- The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Demonstrated ability to perform a range of general labouring and maintenance duties
- Drivers licence desirable but not essential
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates council’s values: creative, accessible, respect, energetic, safe
- A positive attitude and desire to develop skills and knowledge relating to the civil construction industry
- Has Year 10 Certificate or equivalent
- Construction Industry Induction ticket (white card) advantageous
- A commitment to the principles and practices of work health and safety
Does this sound like you? Apply now!
Contact our Group Training Team on (02) 02 6600 3000 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
To be considered for these positions, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply.
Applications close Wednesday, 5th of May 2021.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.