Civil Construction Traineeship
An exciting opportunity to work hands on outdoors, challenge yourself and study a Nationally Recognised Qualification at the same time!
About the position
THE TRAINEESHIP WILL INVOLVE:
- Carry out basic leveling and manual excavations
- Operating machinery
- Use of hand tools
- Working outdoors
- Hand spread asphalt
- Carry out measurements and calculations
Ideally, you will have a
- Valid manual drivers licence with own transport
- White Card (Construction Safety Induction)
- Willing to do manual labouring work as required
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Demonstrated hand-eye coordination
- Be physically fit
- Able to carry out precise and detailed work
- Successful applicants will be required to pass an aptitude test, and a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing
Since 1980, Novaskill has been providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management and are a proudly non-for-profit Group Training Organisation. Our apprentices and trainees, host employers, internal employees, students and stakeholders can be assured of our dedication to supporting our communities and enriching people’s lives through the provision of quality training and employment services.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years, and welcome the interest to join us!
As a group training employee, you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. For more information about Group Training, please visit https://novaskill.com.au/apprenticeshipstraineeships/
This position needs to be filled as soon as possible. If you believe you have the necessary skills and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, please apply now with your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
For more information about this position, please contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email us on Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
To be considered for this position, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.