Are you looking to start a hands-on career with your local council?
About the position
Wanting to work in the great outdoors? You’ve come to the right place!
We’re looking for a fit and energetic individual who is wanting to start their career in Civil Construction (Roads). This full-time apprentice position will provide you with the opportunity to learn all aspects of road building and reconstruction, streetscaping, stormwater drainage and cycle/pathways. This is an ongoing opportunity with your local council to progress into the industry of Civil Construction.
- Construct, maintain and repair major roads and highways
- Operation and maintenance of small plant and equipment
- Working outdoors in a wide variety of locations and environments
- Working in an all-inclusive culture where all people are valued, and differences respected
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification – Cert III in Civil Construction
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for these positions, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Enjoys working in physically demanding environments
- Has a Class C manual drivers licence
- Completion of Higher School Certificate of equivalent
- Ability to work and interact effectively as a team member
- Has a construction industry White Card (or ability to obtain one)
- Presents a positive image of Council to the public
Please submit your application with a Resume and Cover Letter to be considered.
Indigenous Australians encouraged to apply.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.
For more information:
Contact our Group Training Team on (02) 6600 3000 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
Friday, 5th of February 2021.
To be considered for these positions, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.