Wanting to contribute to the infrastructure in your local area? Get your foot in the door of Civil Construction with this unmissable opportunity!
In a strategic partnership with Ballina Shire Council, we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual that’s ready to learn on the job!
About the position
We have a fulltime apprentice position available for a suitable person interested in beginning a career in Civil Construction.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn all aspects of concreting and concrete works related to civil construction; road construction and maintenance, stormwater, public pathways and cycle ways, and other elements of the Civil Construction industry through the Ballina Shire Council.
If you love working outdoors and want to contribute to the infrastructure in your local shire, get the ball rolling and apply now!
- Working outdoors in a wide variety of locations and environments.
- Contribute to the overall development and production of infrastructure in your local area.
- Work collaboratively with the team to ensure all WHS practices are adhered to.
- Assist in the maintenance and construction of roads, footpaths, cycleways, kerb and guttering and bridge structures with a focus on concreting.
- Working in an all-inclusive culture where all people are valued, and differences respected.
- Gain a nationally recgonised qualification: Certificate III in Civil Construction.
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for these positions, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills both oral and written.
- The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a range of general labouring and maintenance duties.
- Year 10 Higher School Certificate or equivalent.
- Enjoys working in physically demanding environments
- Construction Industry Induction ticket (white card)
- Class C driver’s licence with the ability to operate manual transmission (desirable but not essential)
- A commitment to the principles and practices of work health and safety.
- Presents a positive image of the council to the public
Does this sound like you? Apply now!
Contact our Group Training Team on (02) 02 6600 3000 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
To be considered for this position, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply.
Applications close Tuesday, 9th of November 2021.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.