Do you appreciate the fine art of joinery? Looking to use your hands-on skills in your career?
About the position
We are seeking candidates wanting to begin their career in cabinet making.
This opportunity is open to entry level applicants who demonstrate a willingness to learn, commitment, good communication and a passion for learning about the trade.
Secure full-time employment with this Cabinet Making Apprenticeship at a family owned business. This team of highly skilled and qualified members has been providing quality solutions for over 40 years.
Throughout this apprenticeship, you will work closely with your team to ensure that client standards and expectations are maintained.
- Learn how to build (high-end/custom) timber bathroom and kitchen furniture from start to finish
- Work with large commercial joinery equipment
- Construct furniture from CAD drawings
- Build a wide variety of bathroom furniture- shaving cabinets, vanities, mirrors and furniture items
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained
- Working with our friendly team to ensure continuous improvement and to achieve group goals
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for these positions, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Driver’s license and reliable transport essential
- HSC preferable but not essential
- Hold a current WHS Construction White Card
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge
- Ability to listen and follow instructions and ask for assistance when needed
Please submit your application with a Resume and Cover Letter to be considered.
Indigenous Australians encouraged to apply.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.
For more information:
Contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
Friday, 15th of January 2021.
To be considered for these positions, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.