Are you a relationship builder, value adder and problem solver?
Are you a goal achiever, opportunity finder and prospect builder?
Are you motivated by results, positive by nature and keen to build an empire?
Boom! This job is for you!
Last year our business turned 40 and we’re celebrating by expanding our footprint and supporting new communities. We’re on a mission to establish a new team of enthusiastic community-focused people to continue our great work and share the amazing opportunities our organisation has to offer.
This role is (very roughly):
- 68.7% building new relationships and our brands reputation with prospective business, local organsations, and students
- 25.7% cold calling and knocking on doors to find new people to talk to about the opportunities we can offer.
- 5.5% attendance at local networking events, to tell people how great we are.
- 0.06% boasting to our other branches about how well you’re doing!
(Can you tell we love our numbers here?)
Oh and sorry, there is paperwork in there too but as long as you have good attention to detail and can meet deadlines, that won’t be an issue.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a fast learner but isn’t afraid to ask for help
- Is happy to work autonomously and build something special
- Is a motivated go-getter and can find an opportunity in every situation
- Genuinely cares about our clients and business relationships
- Gets a buzz out of things like making a difference to someone’s education, watching a business flourish with the assistance of staff you helped to find and grow, and meeting KPI’s you worked hard to achieve.
Ideally, you’ve worked in the vocational education sector before, have experience in a sales-type role and know the local community well.
In all honestly, we’re just looking for someone with a great attitude and knows how to produce sales results like the back of their hand. Our communities trust us to put them first, so we’re really REALLY not looking for someone with a “that’ll do” approach.
What will I be selling?
So glad you asked. We’re a services-based not-for-profit organisation so we like to think of it as providing opportunities, rather than selling.
We do quite a few things but primarily, we are a Registered Training Organisation which means we have incredible trainers that teach students new skills and Nationally Recognised qualifications. Your job would be to find students to study with us (in a huge range of ways and in a number of industry vocations) and businesses willing to upskill their staff (in a traineeship arrangement). We have lots of experienced staff to support you and show you all in incredible reasons why studying at Novaskill can be life changing for our students and why upskilling staff in formal training arrangements, benefits everyone involved.
Benefits, culture and what we value
Novaskill prides itself on being a great place for work, make a difference in the community and develop your skills.
Our organisation is kind of like a really big, small business. We’re energetic, supportive, fun and outcome-focused. We’re all here for different reasons, but for most of us that have built a long career at Novaskill, we do it because of the people. The people who we work with and the people who’s lives we enrich. We’re “like a big family” and we kinda love it that way.
We can offer you:
- A 9 day fortnight
- Paid company days off over the Christmas period
- A great base salary paired with achievable KPI’s and bonus schemes
- 10.5% superannuation and leave loading
- Salary sacrificing (because we’re a not for profit)
- Fuel allowance
- Paid Community Health leave
- Discounted health insurance
More info and how to apply
Still got questions? Contact our HR manager Rach via email, HR@novaskill.com.au.
If you feel like we would be a good fit for each other, we would love to you to email us your resume and cover letter ASAP. We can’t wait to celebrate your wins, support you to build our Southport branch and be a part of the exciting new step in your career.
To be considered for this position, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.