Be surrounded by the smell of freshly baked bread at work? Yes please!
About the position
We have an Apprentice position available for a 1st year Baker. This position provides a great opportunity for someone to start a career in one of the oldest trades. Develop the skills to produce tasty creations such as bread, cakes, pastries and more.
You will be working in a small team environment that has many years experience, to learn all aspects of baking and pastry lines.
If you are passionate about starting a career in food industry. Apply today!
- Operating bakery equipment and performing oven work
- Working with dough and pastry lines
- Presenting products in a professional way
- Customer service focused
- Well established brand
- A locally owned business operating for 15 years
- Gain a nationally accredited Certificate III in Baking
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for these positions, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Genuine interest or passion for the food industry
- Have great attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Completion of year 10 as a minimum.
- Be enthusiastic and have a good attitude
- Punctual and reliable for early morning starts
- Show initiative and be willing to listen and learn
- Must have a current driver’s licence
- High standard of cleanliness and safety required
Please submit your application with a Resume and Cover Letter to be considered.
Indigenous Australians encouraged to apply.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.
For more information:
Contact our Group Training Team on (02) 6600 3000 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
Wednesday, 30th of June 2021.
To be considered for these positions, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.