Apprentice/Trainee Civil Construction – Water Operations
We are currently recruiting for an Civil Construction Apprentice/Trainee to be based at Ballina Shire Council.
About the position
Novaskill has a Apprenticeship/Traineeship position available in the Ballina area for a suitable person interested in starting a career in civil contruction. This is an opportunity to learn all aspects pipe laying, repair and maintenance of water infrastructure, as well as the operation and maintenance of plant an machinery.
If this role interests you and you would like to complete a nationally recognised qualification in civil construction, then get the ball rolling and apply now!
- Working outdoors in a wide variety of locations and environments
- Working in an all-inclusive culture where all people are valued and differences respected
- Construction, maintenance and repair of water and wastewater infrastructure
- Carrying out manual excavation using hand tool and power tools
- Excavation of trenches and laying of pipe infrastructure
- Operation and maintenance of small plant and equipment
- Gain a nationally recgonised qualification in Civil Contstruction
- Enjoys working in physically demanding environments
- Has Higher School Certificate or equivalent
- Has a Class C drivers licence
- Demonstrates effective communication skills both oral and written
- Is community and customer focused
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Is safety focussed
Since 1980, Novaskill has been providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management and are a proudly non-for-profit Group Training Organisation. Our apprentices and trainees, host employers, internal employees, students and stakeholders can be assured of our dedication to supporting our communities and enriching people’s lives through the provision of quality training and employment services.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years, and welcome the interest to join us!
As a group training employee, you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. For more information about Group Training, please visit https://novaskill.com.au/apprenticeshipstraineeships/
For more information about this position, please contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email us on HR@novaskill.com.au.
To be considered for this position, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.