Apprentice Metal Fabricator
Novaskill are seeking applications from enthusiastic individuals looking to kick-start their career in Metal Fabrication. This is an exciting opportunity to complete a nationally recognised qualification with a reputable Employer in the Gosford region.
On a day-to-day basis, your duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting tradesmen in all aspects of metal fabrication both in the workshop and on site
- Carry out general duties including the use of: welding (MIG, TIG), cutting, grinding, heat treatment and stress relieving of steels
- Cleaning and general maintenance of areas and plant under operational control, conducted in a manner compliant to housekeeping and routine maintenance procedures
Who we’re looking for (selection criteria)
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a minimum P2 drivers license and have reliable transport
- Be punctual, reliable and have an eye for detail
- Have an interest in metal fabrication, machinery and tools
- Have a can-do attitude and ability to learn on the job
- Have the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrate an awareness of health and safety in the workplace
- Demonstrate a commitment to both on and off the job training including keeping up to date with assessments
Since 1980, Novaskill has been providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management and are a proudly non-for-profit Group Training Organisation. Our apprentices and trainees, host employers, internal employees, students and stakeholders can be assured of our dedication to supporting our communities and enriching people’s lives through the provision of quality training and employment services.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years, and welcome the interest to join us!
As a group training employee, you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. For more information about Group Training, please visit https://novaskill.com.au/apprenticeshipstraineeships/
How to apply
This position needs to be filled as soon as possible and our Host Employer is offering an immediate start! Please apply now with your resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria.
For more information about this position, please email our Group Training team on email@example.com and clearly identify the position and location.
Please note: If you don’t meet the above selection criteria or you do not supply a cover letter, you will not be considered for this position. This is an entry level position and standard apprentice/trainee wages apply. Novaskill is a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. Unfortunately we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.