4th Year Fabricator, Fitter or Plumber Apprentice
About the position
In conjunction with a local reputable business, we are seeking out of trade 4th year fabricators, fitters and plumbers looking to finalise their apprenticeship and progress on to long term employment. The host companies focus is to assist their clients with ever changing compliance requirements around workplace hazards, but particularly involving high risk processes and procedures with confined space, working at heights, welding and allied processes.
To be considered for this position you must be finalising your 3rd year or commencing your 4th year apprenticeship in the following trades: Metal Fabrication, Mechanical fitter or Plumbing. The candidate we are looking for is driven and willing to progress through the final stages of apprenticeship then move into a long-term technician role within a growing local company. Once qualified you will be moving into a technician’s role with the following duties:
- Assisting clients with workshop equipment inspections and processes. In accordance with standard working procedures and Australian standard guidelines.
- Build and maintain extremely strong customer service relationships through a high level of customer support.
- Working with the account manager to identify other opportunities
- Perform onsite assessments
- Having only 12 months to run of your trade in Metal fabrication, Fitting or Plumbing
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy
- This role requires you to work independently so we will be looking for someone who is self-motivated and can demonstrate high levels of initiative
- Current C class drivers licence
- Desirable- some pipework fitting experience for industrial workshops extensions.
Since 1980, Novaskill has been providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management and are a proudly non-for-profit Group Training Organisation. Our apprentices and trainees, host employers, internal employees, students and stakeholders can be assured of our dedication to supporting our communities and enriching people’s lives through the provision of quality training and employment services.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years, and welcome the interest to join us!
As a group training employee, you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. For more information about Group Training, please visit https://novaskill.com.au/apprenticeshipstraineeships/
This position needs to be filled as soon as possible. If you believe you have the necessary skills and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, please apply now with your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
For more information about this position, please contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email us on Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
To be considered for this position, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.