Looking to resume your Apprenticeship in Cabinet Making?
About the position
We are currently seeking a 3rd Year Apprentice Carpenter to commence immediately with our host employer based in Capalaba.
This award-winning company’s team consists of highly skilled staff that have been providing quality fitting services to their clients for over 20 years
This full-time opportunity is calling on candidates who have completed part of their Carpentry Apprenticeship and are seeking the opportunity to complete this highly specialised trade.
Throughout this role you will learn to:
- Match materials and grains to create a uniform appearance for all the matching units
- Construct and assemble cabinet components, making sure that all pieces fit the dimensions specified by the foreman and client
- Reinforce joints and attachments to maximize sturdiness and durability without compromising aesthetic appeal or functionality
- Maintain a safe working environment by cleaning and disposing of old materials, such as nails and screws
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for these positions, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed 2 years of Carpentry apprenticeship
- Committed to completing remaining term of apprenticeship
- Have own tools
- Have a drivers licence and car
- Understanding of necessary mathematics
- Knowledge of materials and processing
- Applicable engineering and design skill
Please submit your application with a Resume and Cover Letter to be considered.
Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by the Government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification. Find out more.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years of providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management throughout our communities. We’re proudly a not-for-profit Group Training Organisation. This means you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. You can find out more about why this way of being employed is significantly better than direct employment here.
Novaskill strives to provide opportunities for employment and educational experiences that are tailored to Indigenous culture, community, issues, and solutions. Find out more about our support systems designed specifically for Indigenous Australians here.
For more information:
Contact our Group Training Team on (07) 5665 0800 or email Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
Friday, 16th of April 2021.
To be considered for these positions, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.