1st Year Apprentice Chef
An exciting opportunity to work hands on and challenge yourself and study a Nationally Recognised Qualification at the same time!
About the position
Novaskill are seeking energetic individuals who have a passion for food and would like to become a Chef.
On a day-to-day basis, your duties might include (but are not limited to);
- Learning food preparation techniques.
- Following Chef’s instructions.
- Storing food supplies
- Maintaining a clean and organised kitchen
- Portioning food items
- Adhering to food hygiene standards
- Preparing and serving dishes
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for Culinary Arts
- Love learning
- Have good stamina
- Good communication skills
- Be punctual, reliable and presentable
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of relevant workplace health and safety requirements
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have completed year 10 at a minimum
- Have a current driver’s licence and reliable transport.
Since 1980, Novaskill has been providing superior trainee and apprenticeship management and are a proudly non-for-profit Group Training Organisation. Our apprentices and trainees, host employers, internal employees, students and stakeholders can be assured of our dedication to supporting our communities and enriching people’s lives through the provision of quality training and employment services.
This year, we are celebrating 40 years, and welcome the interest to join us!
As a group training employee, you will be employed by Novaskill but hosted by a partner employer for the duration of your apprenticeship/traineeship. For more information about Group Training, please visit https://novaskill.com.au/apprenticeshipstraineeships/
This position needs to be filled as soon as possible. If you believe you have the necessary skills and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, please apply now with your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
For more information about this position, please contact our Group Training Team on (02) 4906 6700 or email us on Recruitment@novaskill.com.au.
To be considered for this position, we require a cover letter to accompany your resume.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer and encourage all persons to apply. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Australia Federal Police Check prior to commencing employment.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.